Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I just got back from training in Washington D.C. last week! It was really really good. I learned a lot about the organization, and feel even more excited about the work it is doing and the fact that I get to be a part of it. I tend to think of myself as a relatively decent evaluator of non profits having spent significant time over the last two years in four different non profit organizations, and I can say without a doubt, that I am whole heartedly impressed with. The work that is doing is so thorough and professional...I was quite impressed.
Now I am back, and working at my agency for a few more weeks while also trying to fund raise. I need about $7900.00 in the next 4.5 weeks. This is where the people who are getting my letters and are reading this come in. My contact information for donations is at the bottom, please refer to it for sending donations. Before I went to training, I was more hesitant to ask people to donate money, but I have found myself at two conclusions in the last week:
1. time is of the essence, I need to do this more frequently in order to raise sufficient support to go
2. after going through training, I truly beleive that this organization and what I will be doing is a more than justifiable cause for people to donate to. If I was 100% behind what I was doing before, I am now 150% behind it, and have no hesitations about the integrity of the organization or what I will be doing when it comes to asking people to donate.

It is time for me to go print off some support letters, address some envelopes, and hope that people's hearts will be moved as they consider this endeavor.

No comments: