Monday, October 02, 2006

down to 18 days and counting now until i leave! time is flying by! this week things went one step further with me being ready as i got my vaccinations! holding with their twenty three year long pattern of being miserable, hepatitis a, tetanus, and polio remained the same miserable experience. in fact, i still have some small bruises. (it's okay, you can feel bad for me.)
in exciting news, one of the girls that is going over there too called me yesterday to get my flight information so that she could get onto my flight. that would be wonderfully amazing. so, hopefully it will work out.
this past week, Jim Wallace, the editor of Sojourner's Magazine, came to MSU to speak. he was phenomenal. he has written a book called, "God's Politics: Why the Right doesn't get it, and the Left gets it wrong". he spoke a lot about the grey areas of between religion and politics from both ends of the political spectrum. a lot of what he spoke about testified to the need for social justice, and was very affirming and encouraging as i prepare to go over to the other side of the world to do just that. bring social justice to enslaved people who need it.
that's all for now i suppose. the countdown continues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marianne,

I don't know you, but I got here from Noel's blog (and was amongst the many people at the Jim Wallis talk). I'm really impressed by the project you're embarking on -- there's so much potential to do great good.

Anyway, thanks for being willing to give of yourself.

Tina