Saturday, January 20, 2007




in my new profile pic i am drinking some coconut juice(?) milk(?). despite the fact that i look quite pleased, it was not that tasty. the new pic reminded me that i need to post some pics from thailand. so, here are a few:



here we are at the airport. if you can click on the pic, we are pointing to the master card ad that says, "Getting away from the hustle and bustle. Priceless." In a third world city of 8 million that statement could not be true. I think for my own health I will need to leave once more before my time here is over. It is a tough place to live.

Our first real day in Thailand we went on an elephant ride. To keep people occupied while they waited for their elephant ride, the place had a monkey. It was really sad that he was chained up, but he was so cool to interact with.


We were pals.

Here is a pic of Virginia behind us. It is a bit difficult to try and take a picture of yourself while riding an elephant. The place took pictures for you, but in typical tourist trap fashion charged an outrageous amount. Volunteer budget does not equal outrageous amount items.

this was the best that i could do as far as documentation. here are nicollette and i's feet and our guide with the elephants ears included to prove that yes, we really were riding an elephant.

okay. that is all for now, i will post more at some point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see pictures. Keep sending more!! Now I want to ride an elephant. Love you, Mom

Scott Alan said...

Very cool, and cute monkey. I thought I already photoshoped that chain out? Ha.